How do you edit a post on a forum?

PM1234

Just wondering if anyone might know how to edit a submitted post on a forum? I just posted college info on an internal forum and the font and links are not working as planned. I should have edited it first on Word but didn't. Its not the end of the world but I would like to tidy it up if its possible to do so?

If it's your post there's an Edit option beside the Quote button in the bottom right hand corner of the post.

That's assuming it's AAM. If not it depends on the forum software/configuration used. Shouldn't be hard to find though if it's possible.

You need to be logged into the forum too.

Thanks for your reply. Its not AAM. I'm doing a course and needed to post info. I can't locate an edit option at all apart from 'insert/edit image' which seems to apply to work not yet posted?

The options are insert/edit anchor, insert/edit image, cleanup messy code, edit HTML source, toggle guidelines invisible elements (?!), and the others are just basic writing options.

Would have thought I could edit it after posting. Would it be possible that there isn't an option?

Depends on the forum. Some don't allow editing of posts. What forum is it or what bulletin board software is it built upon?

Its a uni forum built specifically for the course. I don't know what software it uses. There is a very unhelpful 'help' button which advises that its TinyMCE which is a platform independent web based Javascript HTML WYSIWYG editor control released as Open Source under LGPL by Moxiecode Systems AB. It has the ability to convert HTML TEXTAREA fields or other HTML elements to editor instances

???

Id like to edit the post so its all in the same font but I think, maybe, that its locked for editing.

Looks like TinyMCE is just the edit control. The actual bulletin board system software itself probably just uses this. Maybe the system was built in house or something rather than based on some off the shelf bulletin board platform. Why not just ask the IT support department or other users for advice?

Will send an email to IT support tomorrow and check it out. Thanks for your help.

Back