How do I stop CDWOW Banner ads

pennypincher

Trying to do some Christmas shopping today but the banner adds for phones etc on the CDWOW website are not allowing me to search for CDs...it just takes ages.Is there some way I can disable these features,have tried advanced tools under internet options to stop displaying pictures etc but no effect so far

WHAT`S CDWOW?
Are you referring to the e-bay moving lights ads that come up on the internet?
Nice ads but really slows down esp dial-up
Just referred to it on a thread by me on this page

CDWOW is a cheap CD ordering service via internet,I know the PC is clean etc but there is a feature somewhere that allows you to stop these ads/banners etc...I have broadband and it's still taking an age for the page to load...I just don't know where this feature is!

Hi Pennypincher

no idea how to turn those off, I have pop up blocker turned on but this doesn't prevent (tools in exlorer) Maybe its worth emailing CDwow?

Must admit They are annoying - the new bigger lotto one keeps expanding over the page you are trying to view. I access at work and so my connection is pretty fast and I just click on the cross whenever it happens to remove.

Next time it happens I might email them also - maybe they will position in a less obtrusive position...

Paddy

Working fine for me, have broadband as well but am using IE7 which seems to block this interference better. Maybe if you upgraded your internet explorer it might help.

The google toolbar has an option to prevent pop-up windows opening automatically. I accidentally deleted the toolbar from my pc, & don't know how to re-install it...

speaking of CD wow, i cant get into it at all for the last couple of days, it keeps crashing every time i enter my password...anyone experiencing the same problems?

speaking of CD wow, i cant get into it at all for the last couple of days, it keeps crashing every time i enter my password...anyone experiencing the same problems?
Works fine for me just now. What keeps crashing?