How do i stave off a repossession on my van?

Ireland.1

Looking for some advise please as I don't know what steps to take next.

I was put on a payment plan by my bank because I could not afford repayments on my van loan. The bank lowered my payments and I could comfortably afford to pay back the loan each month.

I've been lucky enough to get a sales job that pays basic and commission but involves a lot of travel over Ireland and to parts of the UK. The company does not provide transport so I am relying on the van to get me from A to B.

I rang the loan provider and told them that I was still employed but with a different company and my wages were less again and was there any hope in restructuring the loan again. They said absolutely not and asked me to hand it back and they issued me with a letter outlining the repossession process.

I rang them back immediately after receiving this and with a bit of begging on my part they said they would take a lesser payment than the original rescheduling for two months but refused to put this in writing.

I'm worried sick that because I have nothing in writing they will just arrive on my door and take the van away.

Is it a waste of time trying to fight a repossession on a vehicle?

The monthly repayment is 300.00. I offered to pay back 200.00 a month. I am not covered by the 1/2 rule so they will obviously chase me for the remainder of the loan. They would prefer me to give the van back.

I honestly can't afford to buy a second hand van and the one I am driving at present is seven years old.