How do I research the stock exchange?

K

Karst

I am totally new to the stock investment scene. I invested 30K about 2 months ago with Quinn Life in their Freeway investments. Using the advice read in this forum I spread the money over 5 different freeway funds. Only one fund was high risk, 10% was invested in this. The other funds were rated medium risk. As “luck?” would have it I was investing just at he wrong time and I had picked the worst funds. I am torturing myself using the Quinn web page “what if?” calculator to prove that I couldn’t pick a winner in a one horse race.
I am investing for the long term 10 – 15 years. What I need to learn is how to research possible future trends on the funds in the Quinn investment funds. I am looking for guidance on how I should go about getting this knowledge. What should I be reading or listening to?

Karst,don't worry about short term trends in the stockmarkets. I have seen advice that says you shouldn't look at you investments again until you want to sell. If you are in for the long haul, most short term corrections will be history by then.on the subject on learning how to invest, there are loads of books out there with loads of different methods. There are also websites with tips on investing such as www.investopedia.com I have looked at various of these, and came to the conclusion, due to the amount of money i have and time/ ability to put into picking stocks for long term, that the best place for me was Quinn life.

Ditto. I just put 18k into Quinn Freeway four weeks ago for the long haul (15+ yrs). Was advised in previous posts not to worry about current volatility as over the long term this will have little effect. Can drive a car but don't necessarily always need to know how the engine works. Not saying to go into investments "blindfolded" but sometimes you can be blinded by science unnecessarily. So make sure you at least know where to put the petrol in and what different warning lights mean!!!

Back