How do I pay into an Irish credit card from abroad?

M

Maven

Cant seem to see this anywhere else on the site.

Does anyone know if it is possible to pay money directly into an irish credit card from Australia? Currently I have to to do an international transfer to my Irish account and from there pay into the credit card. The whole process takes over a week.

Could you phone someone in Ireland to lodge the money direct to the CC for you and transfer the money to their current account from Australia to pay them back?

Hi
You should be able to set the credit card up on your internet banking and just to a transfer on line. I used to to it all the time when I was in Oz.

Just call your bank and they should be able to set it up for you over the phone.

Good luck

Thanks for the replies.

I am able to transfer to my current a/c in Ireland and then online pay into my credit card.

What I want to do however is bypass the payment into the current a/c. I want to be able to load the credit card directly from here.

Why not if possible load the credit card to cover the following month - eg try to make a payment in advance if it's the delay that's causing you problems.