How do I move files/folders from the main C drive to another drive.

Maybe Vista can't see whats in the partition if its a recovery partition.If you made the recovery DVD's when you bought the computer you could delete the partition,the DVD's are only a copy of this partition.Go to,all programs,administrative tools,computer management,storage,disk management.Click on the D partition,then right click on the partition.Shrink or delete this volume,right click on the C partition and resize this volume to claim the free space.

Seems to me that a lot of laptops come with up to three partitions (a) a hidden relatively small one for recovery installation images (e.g. Dell, Fujitsu Siemens etc.) (b) a C: boot/main partition and (c) in some cases a D: "data" partition. Obviously these can be rearranged to suit the end user's needs but only tackle this if you know what you're doing.

There's no suggestion from the original poster that the second partition isn't accessible or is a recovery partition etc so all the discussion on repartitioning is academic surely?

OP, leave well enough alone partition wise.

Good point! I was just going by later posts which veered off into the "new drive" or "repartition" stuff. Perhaps this IS all moot and the original question about how to move rather than copy stuff from C: to D: is all that needs to be dealt with. However I would still urge caution even in relation to just copying/moving stuff. Not everything can simply be relocated simply like this.