How do I make my laptop screen brighter

BIK30

Does anyone know how I do this?

I have windows vista, any help appreciated.

You should have a Fn key which you can find between ctrl and alt on the left side of the keyboard. Then search for two more keys which normally are the F keys and have something like a sun printed on them one pointing up and one pointing down. Press and hold Fn then press up or down that should brighten or darken you screen.

The cursor keys to the right of the keyboard under or beside the right shift key sometimes have the keys referred to also. Main thing to remember is that it will be a combination of the Fn key and the brightness keys as John said. Remember that if you are running on battery the brighter the screen the shorter your battery life...

Also if you change the power plan on the battery to a move power hungry session it will increase the brightness. Also (if not already doing so), running the laptop connected to the mains will be brighter than directly off the battery (though this will decrease the battery's lifetime)

You should have a Fn key which you can find between ctrl and alt on the left side of the keyboard. Then search for two more keys which normally are the F keys and have something like a sun printed on them one pointing up and one pointing down. Press and hold Fn then press up or down that should brighten or darken you screen.
cheers that has bugged me for a long time

Back