How do I go about a Contract for a building contractor

Na Sciortáin

We have just recieved a price from a contractor that we are happy with to build our house finally after waiting for 4 and half years to get plannig permission. How do we get a contract sorted?:confused:

I assume you have an architect or at least an engineer involved?
Otherwise without working drawings, the builder wouldn't be able to give you a realistic quote and you won't be able to certify the payments to the builder etc.
There are standard forms from the RIAI or the Law Society for building, that your agent will be able to provide.

We have an engineer and the builder gave us a quote on the working drawings we also have a solicitor but this is our first time doing this, is there any website that gives info on what to do and what steps to take?

:) Thank you guys this mortgage buisness and the interest rates increasing is really getting me down:( Im a FTB and I can't afford the price of my house going up after they start building hense getting the contract in order!

Your solicitor will provide you with a standard contract with whatever special conditions you need included with it. Eg. start date, stages and payment amounts, finish date etc.

Back