How do I find out her policy number?

M

madmam

Hi,

A woman recently (well, 5 weeks ago?) ran into the back of my car on a roundabout with my newborn baby also in the car.
Now there wasn't much damage on either car, but as the baby was hysterical at the time, I didn't manage to get her insurance details. I did get her phone number and reg. number, but after a couple of phonecalls she still hasn't given me her insurance details. Do I have enough info to find out which company she is insured with? I am damned if I should pay for the damage myself when she was totally in the wrong. She now ignores my phonecalls and texts. I think she knows she was in the wrong.
What can I do? I also know the make and model of the car.

Thanks!

Re: How do I find out?

He wouldn't give me the insurance details, just his name and address,

For future reference, the insurance details (company and policy number) should be visible on the insurance disc in the windscreen.

you can write to your local authority, explaining why you need the details, they may have them on file and will let you havethem for a prescribed fee.

I got hit by a motorbike on the inside before the guy left the scene, I got his reg and got onto the guards, later that day they came by my house and gave me his name number address and insurance details.

Call the guards they will sort it out for you.

Question is why do they no get charge for not giving out the details.

All this does is cause a delay and a roadblock while its argued at the side of the road.