How do I find a builder for new build?

bb12

OK, planning to start a new build next year and just wondering where most people manage to find their building contractors? have been looking at sites such as ebuilders.ie etc., but how do i know who i can trust? Just wondering how most people go about this...

- golden pages
- recommendations from people you know who have built
- other tradesmen
- stop at one off houses just built or near built - speak to the owners - get their experiences in terms of build cost, quality, schedule etc
...when selecting ensure to speak to some people who have had their house built by that builder

... oh and you need a bit of luck too!

Check out around your locality, see what builders are working there, get recommendations from locals as to what builders are reliable. Price several of the builders view there past work make sure you are happy with them.

Last edited:
BB2 Am currently building my own place and builder is excellent. Was also recommended another guy who I know did good work elsewhere. PM me if you want details.

i got a phone call a few weeks back from that ebuilders site looking for a reference for a contractor we had in about nine months ago... we were lucky enough with our selection of contractor for that job, as ive been messed about by contractors before but this guy was honest and upfront. Any concerns we had were dealt with in a very good manner...

BB2 Am currently building my own place and builder is excellent. Was also recommended another guy who I know did good work elsewhere. PM me if you want details.

Neadyk - what part of the country is that builder located?? I'm also about to start building and am more than a little nervous about having to deal with them.

Back