How do I delete all emails at once.

Molli

I have an old email address which was with eircom, now with yahoo, and using windows mail there are thousands of emails in it which I want to delete in one go if possible. How can I do this? Also how do I close down this address to prevent mails from coming in?

just to confirm - you want to delete all emails from yahoo email a/c?

If so, then when you login into your yahoo a/c, go to your inbox , above the first email you will see headers like:
"from" .... "subject" .... "date".... etc etc
on the left hand side of that title bar, there is a tick box... click in that box & then a tick mark should appear in all of the emails... then click delete.
or
within the inbox, click on "Actions" - "Select all email"
then click on the delete button.

If you need more details, just let me know... should be similar for most online emails a/cs.

Sorry Jazz, I did'nt make myself clear. Its windows mail ones that I want to delete.

Jazz, any idea as to how the same is done on Thunderbird ?? Thanks in advance.

Hi JazzO1

You seem to be very knowledgeable on this issue. We are a bit peculiar on AAM in that we love to get the information on site rather than by PM.

Would you mind posting the information that you sent by PM to Molli?

I'm sure loads of people would be interested.

Thanks a million.

Marion

hiya all.... sorry - didn't mean to "hide" anything... just all different email tools have different ways to remove email... There "should" be a delete-all option with the email tools... otherwise press the "Ctrl" key and the "a" key at the same time.. all emails should be highlighted then. Then click/press the "delete" key.

If you have specific questions, I've no problem answering... so fire away if you have specific questions (on email or computers)...

Yes I deleted all mine by pressing the "ctrl" and "d" keys at the same time and clicking delete. Did a google search before I saw your last post Jazz. Thanks for help.

Back