How can you use LCD camera in sunshine!

pennypincher

I'm looking for a new digital camera as my old one has seized up and isn't worth while fixing.I was just about to purchase the Kodak Z740 off Pixmania,when I realised there is no viewfinder,basically you have to rely on the LCD screen to line up your shot,but I've a camcorder with a LCD screen and in bright sunshine you can't see a thing and just hope for the best....anyone have anyway around this or should I just try to find a camera with a proper viewfinder?I really wanted this one because it had a x10 optical Zoom,and all the reviews were good...

I use a Canon camera with an LCD screen that pulls out, flips over & swivels. I think it has a huge advantage over the built in LCD screen on most cameras because in bright sunlight you can adjust it to take the glare off the screen also if you want to take a picture over a crowd you can hold up the camera and tilt the screen and you can see what you are taking a picture of. The opposite applys if you want to take a pic at a lower level and of course you can be really sneaky and take pictures while looking in a different direction and the person doesn't know what you're up to!

Back