AIB How can we make a donation to acknowledge the work on the prevailing rate campaign?

shej

Hi Brendan,
Many thanks for all your work and perseverance on this issue, I really doubt without your assistance we would have had suck a significant result. There were many times I even myself gave up on checking in on how campaign was going. I remember it previous threads/posts, it was suggested that if we were successful we should make a contribution to yourself for all your toil? Do you want to put up a link or something that we could donate to you? You might be a little reluctant to do so but if this post gets a lot of support you might consider,
I'd urge others to support such a request. Feel free to post this on a more watched thread/post!!
Tks again John

Hi Brendan,
Many thanks for all your work and perseverance on this issue, I really doubt without your assistance we would have had suck a significant result. There were many times I even myself gave up on checking in on how campaign was going. I remember it previous threads/posts, it was suggested that if we were successful we should make a contribution to yourself for all your toil? Do you want to put up a link or something that we could donate to you? You might be a little reluctant to do so but if this post gets a lot of support you might consider,
I'd urge others to support such a request. Feel free to post this on a more watched thread/post!!
Tks again John

I would agree with that suggestion.

Hi Brendan,
Tks again John

Hi Shej
We've talked about a contribution in our group and although it's up to each individual I think it's only right to do so. We said it might be better to come back and look at the logistics when the redress actually starts being paid out so watch this space

Good to read people are recognizing the input from Brendan. I spoke to the man himself about this yesterday and whenever we do this we will make sure to do it in a way that is easy to transfer/collect and is done privately but with the main man's blessing

Fantastic idea and I would be very happy and willing to contribute. I think it's only right to be honest considering the trojan work Brendan has done between raising awareness, lobbying, providing simple step by step instructions for people to follow and the 24/7 advice and encouragement he has given throughout. Thank you so much Brendan!

A big thank you to Brendan for working day and night on this issue and for never giving up!
Without doubt I am very happy to contribute.
I certainly wouldn't have got here without you.

Much appreciated

Schad

Is there anyway of getting this message out to a bigger audience?

There are only a tiny fraction of the 5900 following this site, a couple of hundred max I'd say.

There are thousands of people who will get life changing sums in the next few months who will have no idea of the work he has done.

Im sure there are people within that group who would contribute too if they knew

With respect, actions are better than words. I’m not of this cohort so it’s not my job. Surely rather than posting on here and then others saying I’d contribute why doesn’t someone say “I’ve set it up, this is how you contribute”

There must be a mailing list you can use. Otherwise it’s meaningless virtue signaling and will fade away as people move on.

Last edited:
Back