How can the goverment give themselves such good terms of employment - who oversees ?

NOAH

I was reading in the indo today ABOUT €1.1m bonanza for four retiring TDs and suddenly realised all this largesse is being done with my money ie taxes but there is no control and I am worried. Who can stop them awarding themselves such perks and is that not a sure way of ensuring there will never be an early election?

Could the IMF have a say on the pay awarded to every tom dick and harry in public service and say enough is enough??

Its depressing reading about all the exorbitant salary scales and then on the next page read about the forthcoming cuts in the budget that will affect the low paid but those at the top escape scot free.

And before anyone pipes up about last years 5% that is just a fob, when compared with other countries our public service pays way over the odds and the system for pension calculations is defenitely taking the p.....sss

These guys are so well paid its in their own interest to do nothing.

Bring on the IMF.

noah

You will find there will be people who don't want the IMF to come to Ireland, possibly because they have a lot to lose and who has the most to lose ??