Case study How can I get out of this debt trap?

CouldBe

Hi,
Looking for advice in my situation. Used template for mortgage issues as per other forum. Any help appreciated now.

Personal and income details
Income self: Employee (MNC)
Income history: Permanent role and now 2 rooms rented out €400 monthly
Income partner/spouse: N/A
Income history: Always working without break but redundancy in 2010 reduced income by €15,000 as had to change job. Use redundancy toclear personal and reduce credit cards. Am only now in 2013 income back to 2010 levels.
Number of children: none
Amount of Mortgage Interest Supplement received: €75 a month
Home loan
Lender: Irish Permanent TSB
Amount outstanding: €240,000
Value of home: €140,000
Interest rate: specify whether tracker or SVR or fixed rate: Tracker
Monthly repayment €920 plus insurance of €79
Amount in arrears €5,000

Summary of discussions and agreements with the bank:
House deeds in my name but mortgage in both names. Relationship broke up in 2010 and reduced income in 2010.Ex partner refused to sign moratium request in late 2010. And refused to co-operate for interst only payments. She moved out of house in Dec 2010 . After this unable to keep mortgage payents and agreed reduced payents with bank. First 3 months €500, then next 6 months €650 , then last 3 months €1,000 . After this started paying mortage over phone, then started again by direct debit.amount . Starting room sharing in Jan 2012 .Throughout this time ex-partner refused in 2011 to co-operate with MARP or moratium requests etc. Absolute no-coperatio what soever. All communication through solicotors. Lately bank agree to capitalise arrears but again she wont co-operate and sign forms. Working with Bank will they now work only with myself.
Latest update as of today form my solictor is no response from her solictor . Gone to Ground.
Mortgage Interest Relief of €75 a month

Other loans and creditors -
Overdraft: €2,000
Credit Card(s) AIB :€6,500 / Mastercard €5,000 / MBNA €4,000
Credit Union e.g. Loan Balance of €23,000 against shares of €2,000
Family : Balance €3,500 / €150 per months
Working away from home so room cost a €360 a month, all bills included.
Other savings and investments

How important are retaining the family home to you?
Which of the following best describes your situation?

I would like to keep it, but will get rid of it if it means I can get rid of the mortgage associated with it.

Any other relevant information

What is your preferred realistic outcome?
I want to get out of this debt trap and vicious circle involved ...would ike to get on with my life as last 3 years and have been living hand to mouth with no life , and cannot contiune any longer. Would like to study a post grad part-time and start saving for my future.
Just want now to get on with my life and move on. If involves living in town where new job is situated or within commutable distance would be better.

House is a good location, close to town, schools and shops. 4 bed semi-detached . Good professional neighbours all except for one. Relocated from nearby city is widow of criminal and her family and extended family visit at weekend . Result impacts vaue and increases diffciulty to sell.
Meetig minimum payments in credit cards ..unable to refinance them due bad credit rating now due to mortage missed payments (5) , reduced monthly payments.

Monthly Repayments:
Credit Union €570
Credit Cards total : Min Payments €460
Family Loan €150
Room Rental €360
Mortgage €915 plus €79

looks like you are caught for the full mortgage.. suggest phone a GOOD debt management company who will understand the new Personal Insolvency Procedures.. I suggest Frost Debt Management for advice as I know 4 people they helped in a professional manner.

Update:
Last 6 months renegotiating unsecured debt.
Credit union now 300 a month reviewed every 3 months
Avant card 66 a month
Ulster bank credit card 88 a month review after 6 months
Aib credit card 60 a month review after 3 months

Submitted another SFS to PTSB regarding mortgage. With assistance from financial advisor.
Was paying last 3 months interest plus capital , approx 400 a month , prior to this full amounts for 9 months but was using credit cards to pay bills while trying to get ex to co-operate, needless to say could not keep this up long term. Why hit financial brick wall 4 months back.

So PTSB have come back with an offer :
For 6 months pay 923 a month , then revert to 891.
Arrears after 6 months capitalised added to balance.
Not a great offer but have can survive just about with it at current interest rates

Now the problem ..they want ex to sign form ... We cannot get her to co-operate !!!
My solicitor has tried to her solicitor to sign arrears capitalise form, interest only for 6 months , complete FRS statements etc etc ..no joy . Last letter spelled all this out. Explained all this to PTSB and my income was always paying mortgage until drop in salary from 2010 to 2012 . Now after working hard have got salary up to 2009 levels before this arrears problem started. Currently can pay mortgage even though below desired income levels for PTSB for mortgage.
There is no way she will sign these forms.... Seem to be repeating what I tried to do in 2012.
Prob is PTSB say 30 days to respond or repossession starts ... Or other restructuring arrangements ..letter does not say what.
Will with financial advisor to get this across to PTSB but they seem to be ignoring it.

I have been fully responsible on loans etc and this is crazy that even though doing everything by the book getting nowhere on mortgage .
We asked PTSB to consider that ex is non-cooperative and try to view her as such and work with me ..based on this they seem to be just ignoring it .
Just reckon they want 2 people on mortgage...
Anyway will keep ploughing on..

Back