how can i check online if i can enter the USA

faolteam

About 10 years ago i went to usa and came home after 6 months on a 6 months visa

when i applied a year later to go back to the same airport i was refused a 6 month visa

i just want to know because i was refused because it was the same airport and time of year

how can i check online that if i go over for three weeks in november i will be allowed to enter usa

Try the electronic visa and see if it returns a visa waiver or highlights an issue. If you get the waiver it is valid for two years so you will be fine for November. See details here: [broken link removed]

If you were ever refused entry into the US then you are not eligible to travel under the visa waiver program and must apply in advance for a visa to enter the US (e.g. go to the embassy and apply)

I don't think there's any grey area here ... they are the rules

Exactly , if you try to use the ESTA it will reject you because of the previous application failing.

A variation on the question. I am going to New York for a conference next Monday for one week. On previous occasions when I visited the USA (Philadelphia, Boston, Baltimore) my iris was scanned at Border Control. My current (Irish) passport was renewed at the Irish Embassy in London and expires June 2011. It is NOT an "e-passport" and does not have a chip incorporated.

Someone told me entry requirements have changed even for short-term visitors since June this year so I have tried to get more information on-line.

Having spent one of the most boring afternoon in my life searching the USEmbassy sites I am none the wiser. Can anyone tell me if a bog-standard, non-E, non-chip, Irish passport with my own name, mugshot and details on it will get me into the USA next week? :confused:

If your passport was issued before Oct 26,2005 it must be machine readable, ie have lines like this on the bottom of the photograph page,
>BLOGGS>>JOE>>>>>>>>>>>>
[broken link removed]

Back