How can DVDs and CDs be cleaned

A

aoa321

I have a 2 year old boy who loves jam sandwiches and ocassionally gets at some of the CDs and DVDs around the house - a deadly combination !!

Once dirty and they start skipping I cannot seem to clean them again - I have tried loads of products but I can't get the DVDs to play all the way through no matter how thoroughly I try to clean them. Do any of you know any tricks or will I just have to replace them ?

cleaner

are they scratched or just marked with grime? If scratched, you'll need one of those filler pens, dixons, peats etc should have them. If its grime, a quick lick and a rub of the jeans works for me. (now how does that read? :lol )

have a look at the first few products [broken link removed].. the argos do most if not all of them too

Re: cleaner

Just in case it's of use ... cleaning CDs/DVDs across the radius/diameter as opposed to radially/circularly is supposed to help (if you can understand what I'm getting at!).

Re: cleaner

I have found that toothpaste works as a really really fine sandpaper for scratches, so a cotton bud dipped into the paste and a small circular motion have removed many a skip for me. Dirt and grime are much easier to deal with. Dont worry about the residue after cleaning, it comes off quite easily!!

Back