Housing costs on house build.

CorkHome2022

Not sure if this is right place to post but following link regarding building costs .
With housing prices gone crazy we need to look at costs , not just the ones listed in this article but also are we over specking our house to satisfy " The Green Agenda "

I haven't seen the report itself but the issues seem to relate to floorspace and specking rather than "the green agenda." (I doubt these standards are lower in European counterparts).

"The scope of builds in the UK has also tended to be lower, with fewer en suite bathrooms or fitted wardrobes as standard, for example. House sizes also tend to be a bit smaller in Birmingham than in Dublin, the report found.........
............However, because a lower standard of specifications and finish applied in some of the cities, it meant the construction costs for apartments in other cities were 30 per cent lower. The absence of a requirement to finish floors, kitchens or light fittings was cited as a factor behind the cost difference.
The study also found lower construction costs were evident in the four European locations for student accommodation but mainly due to differences in scope, unit sizing and specification.
Electrical, plumbing and heating costs were also higher in Dublin than the four other cities, the study found."

I wonder if gardens size and house distances may also be a factor.

Back