House Warming Present

MBoyle

My friend has moved into a new house, and I'm wondering how much is the norm to spend on a house-warming gift? And any idea's considering it is a house move so she probably has almost everything she needs already?

How about a fire blanket for her kitchen? It's not glamourous, but it is quite thoughtful if she does not have one already. Otherwise, a handy screwdriver kit consisting of a bottle of vodka, a juicer and a bag of oranges.

If her garden is not complete how about a gift voucher to garden center or get a handyman to landscape it for her.

have I lost touch with reality or is the above suggestion of getting the garden landscaped a "normal" house warming present ! If it is I might just buy a field and let my friends bring different parts of the house as house warming presents !

gift vouchers for woodies or B&Q.......even if the house doesnt need any work it will be used!

For the girl who has everything try Jo Malone scented candles... you can never have enough.. and the house will smell divine..

For the girl who has everything try Jo Malone scented candles... you can never have enough.. and the house will smell divine..

...not to be confused with the Molly Malone candles which have a real fishy smell of course

Typical men - you ask us what we want... We tell you what we'd like... then you turn around and get us what YOU wanted in the first place...

Typical men - you ask us what we want... We tell you what we'd like... then you turn around and get us what YOU wanted in the first place...[/quote]
I like it, What I,d like is just for people to just turn up and enjoy.

Typical men - you ask us what we want... We tell you what we'd like... then you turn around and get us what YOU wanted in the first place...
I like it, What I,d like is for people to just turn up and enjoy themselves,

A nice plant for the house. Someone gave my husband a lemon tree plant recently which was lovely.

have I lost touch with reality or is the above suggestion of getting the garden landscaped a "normal" house warming present ! If it is I might just buy a field and let my friends bring different parts of the house as house warming presents !

Ontour you have not lost touch with reality---- I misread the question thought it was a wedding present for people that had all household items.

i've given people an 'emergency kit', a box with candles, matches, torch, batteries, fuses, spare plug, first aid kit, fire extinguiser, scissors....
You can mix and match to your hearts content to make it more personal, but its basically the stuff you should have bought day 1 in a new home and don't realise you didn't until the lights go out, a fire starts, etc.

Back