House to rent in Linxe, France

vanman

hi everyone,
just wondering if you could help. need to rent a house in Linxe in France for the next 12 to 18 months. What is the best way to go about this. Have searched around but only get holiday homes and they are very dear per month to rent. Is there a website like daft for renting houses in france.

thanks for any help......

Try
or put ...Maison location Linxe France..into google and you'll get hits and websites. or immobilier linxe

You have a few problems though.
Most long term rentals in France are unfurnished.
Most leases are min 3 years.
The legal status of tenants in furnished (meublé) accommadation is different to those in unfurnished. Therefore most french renters prefer unfurnished as it gives them more rights.

You have a number of options.
Search the net and email agents (immobilier) looking for a ?furnished property for an 18 month lease. I think you will be unlikely to be successful but you never know.

Have a look at the vacation rentals and put in an offer for an 18 month lease at your budget. You 'll be surprised how many owners will be interested.

I was in your shoes last year and I had a vacation rental lined up through the internet for a year. I flew over just to check it out before doing the deal and it was a horrible smelly kip (unlike the beautiful photos/video on the net)

Anyhow we rushed around the agents in town getting very depressed as all the places were tiny (28m 2 etc) eventually found a house that suited us.

The other option is to take a 3 yr lease on an unfurnished and IKEA or car-boot sale it. Then give your notice after the 18 months...not sure of the implications of this.

has a good forum for ex-pats in France.

Thanks for the help guys. Came across some really nice houses but prices are very high per week.
Mommah thanks for the extra info. Will spend today looking and see what i come up with. Cheers again for the help..

but prices are very high per week.

Yeah, but that's for weekly rental, with an assumption of maybe 30% occupancy and significant turnover work for the owner.

Punt off a few emails to nice places at your budget and see what response you get.

The one I agreed (which subsequently didn't work out) I offered 30% of the weekly price for a long term lease. I think I could have gone lower.

Back