House Swop site?

Vanilla

So the property market is stagnant right now, right? But all the while people are still moving up and down and emigrating and all sorts which is pretty unavoidable. I wonder if a house swap site would be any good- for example if I were living in Cork but then I get this great job offer in Galway- but I can't sell my house. Now I need to live in Galway but I can't buy a house because I can't afford to until I sell my house. Meanwhile there's got to be a few people in Galway who want to move to Cork? Or even rent each other houses. Is this a silly idea?

Maybe we should ask all estate agents around the country to liaise with each other- say an agent in Cork gets on to all his colleagues in Galway and checks out if they have any matches in terms of suitable properties and clients wanting to move to that area? Could give them something to do in the downturn.

In theory it makes perfect sense, but the chances of it being applicable are just a good bit slimmer than people being flexible to get 2 weeks to match.

Would you reswap at chosen weekends if came home or just stay with family/friends?

I have a trolley and a cardboard box that I could swap you.

Why dont you place an ad in a paper or a website like Gumtree or something?

In theory it makes perfect sense, but the chances of it being applicable are just a good bit slimmer than people being flexible to get 2 weeks to match.

Would you reswap at chosen weekends if came home or just stay with family/friends?

I think the idea is for a more permanent swap, as in 2 homeowners are essentially buying each other's houses. (Or renting longterm, if that suits better)

I think it's a brilliant idea.

Equation of the day:

Speed dating/working in a brothel= big leap=>you have a dirty mind.;)

I can see the dating site now:

"Well built red brick with plenty of frontage seeks urban semi for some back door action"

:eek:

Excellent :D

What about making it like a mystery house swap? Keys in a bowl...... ;)

Remote rural dwelling seeks high class urban acommodation for short stay, willing to pay rent.... :eek:

"Mature, experienced cottage (unthatched, but with massive chimney) seeks slim, youngish mid-terrace with nice big windows. Garden unimportant - no new builds"

Caveat- you are scarily good at this. Do you edit a personal ads column in real life?:D

Back to the point folks!!!!! I think it is an excellent idea.
I tried somrthing similar many years ago with student accommodation ie. Cork student wants to study in Galway, but that was prior to the wonderful world of internet

Discussions are underway with Mr.V to set up said website for the craic....watch this space.;)

Back