House rewire costs 2019

thanks for that, noproblem!

The cost per standard double socket is 85. Cost per main smoke detector is 130. per external security light is 160. fuse board supplied and fitted is 550. cooker switch 240.
just to give an idea. I'm wondering if the cost per item is high or is it that the quote is for doing more stuff than we would need. there's 7 thermostat being rewired in the price (65 euro each so 455 euro total).

It's a standard 4 bed semi-d with a small ground floor kitchen extension (25sq m) going in. Extension and attic and garage conversion brings house size to around 160sq m (99 sq m ground floor).

Thanks again!

Oh Dear, that's just crazy. A third of that would be more like it

thanks for that, noproblem!

The cost per standard double socket is 85. Cost per main smoke detector is 130. per external security light is 160. fuse board supplied and fitted is 550. cooker switch 240.
just to give an idea. I'm wondering if the cost per item is high or is it that the quote is for doing more stuff than we would need. there's 7 thermostat being rewired in the price (65 euro each so 455 euro total).

It's a standard 4 bed semi-d with a small ground floor kitchen extension (25sq m) going in. Extension and attic and garage conversion brings house size to around 160sq m (99 sq m ground floor).

Thanks again!
I've seen quotes like this in Dublin and surrounding areas and tbh, it's not the worst way to compare if each item is separated out. Every socket, downlighter, data point, coax and alarm point quickly adds up so you can see it in front of your eyes! Electricians are definitely in demand, many have gone to the industrial jobs and domestic ones can be harder to find! (or have a wait)... IF you can get a few quotes then it'll help guide you if the price is ott (easier said than done)....Plan what you want - not what electrician tells you what he/she will install. I think a wired smoke alarm in every room is money well spent (so you'll easily have spent a few €€ without even knowing)

Back