House makeover

B

bcs

Hi,
I'm trying to organise an overhaul of our house. It was self-built in the 1970s and since then not much major work has been carried out. It requires insulation, perhaps new heating system and possilbly also a plumbing overhaul. There are also some internal rearrangement of rooms with architect input...we'd like to do.
So my question is where do you suggest beginning...a survey? I've been reading through the posts and have gotten a few leads. In terms of doing the internal work can anyone suggest an architect or someone else who has a good eye and could suggest a revamp of the internal layout?
The house is located in Edenderry Co. Offaly
Any help gratefully appreciated.
Thanks

Hi bcs,
Welcome to AAM
It requires insulation, perhaps new heating system and possilbly also a plumbing overhaul.
We are in a simular situation, I completed the insulation earlier this year, got new windows in and are in the process of replacing all rads. My brother in law is very good at DIY and has been a huge help in advising me what we need to do. If you have copper pipes, it is unlikely you need to redo the plumbing however you may need to update rads (not an expensive job) but worth it.
For the interior - I would call on a few builders you know to give you some ideas and possible quotes. If you want I can PM you with the name of the builder doing our bathroom. He has done other family members houses and is really good (not the cheapest mind you) - he is based in Dunboyne which is'nt too far from Edenderry.
P