House in Rathcormac

H

huzargarden

I'm planning to buy a house in Rathcormac, An Culan or Shanowen.
Is there anyone who know this village?
I'm bit afraid of traffic in the morning I working on Model Farm Road, cork.
How about people there? I'm a bit scared of new places.

I live in Shanowen.

Firstly traffic is fine in the morning, to get to work for 9 though you need to set off at 08:15. Some days you will fly through the traffic and some days its much busier but the traffic moves. I often set of at 08:40 and I am in work just after 9 as ther is less traffic.

Just a note on the quality of the homes in Shanowen. I would check the finish of the home vary carefully mine is poorly finished with huge gaps in the door and skirting finishes that are very anoying. The front door is poorly fitted and lets all the heat out and the plaster is very thin. If there is a nail in the wall the plaster has come away at that point.

Final point is that the heating fuel is supplied by calour gas and is expensive compaired to oil or town gas.

Apart from that shanowen is fine and the houses are warm and fairly well insulated.

I have lived in Shanowen since 2006. Recently put my house on gum tree, but would recomend Shanowen.

Compared to An Culan and some of the other estates in Rathcormac, the houses in Shanowen are well spaced apart and have plenty of green areas.

On Rathcormac itself, almost everything you need is in the village - pubs, a new medical centre, takeaways, school, butcher, post office, church, spar, hairdressers.........With the schools off, i get to work near the airport in about 25 min.

Forgot to include the link:

[broken link removed]