House in Balrothery, Balbriggan?

vicar

Anybody got any thoughts on this place? Went for a spin out there and had a look around, seems nice and quiet.
any comments welcome

Balrothery is nice and quiet. However there is no amenities there other than a pub and newsagent, You have to go to Balbriggan (2 miles up the road).

Balbriggan is a much bigger town and consequently has more facilities (Pubs, Shopping Centres, Schools etc) and the Train Station if you commute by train. It also has a nice beach. There are a lot of new estates in Balbriggan with a lot more planned. Some are nicer than others in terms of design and quality etc. I moved there 18 months ago and find it is an excellent location with the train (40mins to Connolly) and M1. It also has everything you need for day to day stuff like Supermarkets, Chemists, Takeaways, DIY Store etc. (15mins - 20mins to Airport and M50). You can still get a 3 bed semi for reasonably good value compared to areas with worse transport links and fewer amenities. As with any large town, there may be a small anti social element but I have never experienced any problems since I've been there.

I live in Balrothery. It is nice and quiet. Houses would be more expensive than Balbriggan. It is the "exclusive" suburb of Balbriggan with a nice mix of quality housing.

You have to get the train in Balbriggan, and crowding will be an issue, as it is everywhere. Bus Eireann stops in Balrothery if you need that.

Balbriggan as the local town is undergoing alot of redevelopment and should be a much nicer place to live in the next 5 years, than it has been (aesthetics wise).

Which area are you looking at? or is it an individual house?

Hi Vicar,
I moved to Balrothery just after Christmas, and I love it!
I drive into the church car park every morning and walk
to the train station. So from front door to train takes me just under 15 mins.
I get a seat on the train 8 times out of 10, which isnt bad.
People who get on at stations after balbriggan have little or
no chance of a seat. I would also consider Balbriggan as a good place
to buy a home. People are soooo friendly
I just cant get over it (in both Balrothery and Balbriggan) Skerries is just
a 5/7 minute drive away, and it has a lovely harbour and good
places to eat. I moved from a suburb very close to Dublin City centre, and I now feel like I am in the countryside, being becide the sea is also a huge bonus, but I am still in Dublin, geographicaly....couldn't be happier.
Naughton

I drive into the church car park every morning and walk
to the train station.

Is the church car park about to become a pay car park. I heard so anyway.

Billo

I didn't hear that!!

I rang Fingal County Council to check when exactly the Pay and Display
would come into the main streets, a few months ago. I asked them where I could otherwise park etc, and they said the Church car park for free. Though it took me two phone calls to get someone who knew about it (the first time I rang the person at the other end knew very little). I might give them another ring....
Where did you hear this Billo?

If they do eventually bring it in, maybe it will be simular to the 2E a day fee charged in the car park down near the beach....

BilloIs the church car park about to become a pay car park. I heard so anyway.[/quote said:
No it's to stay free, straight from the horses mouth. CCTV and proper lighting will be going in shortly too.

Back