House gone to arbitration , what's next ?

iwsf

To make a long story short i am involved in 2 court cases against a builder who is refusing to give me the deeds of my house.
This case and another related one went to arbitration during which the builder admitted that the deeds are mine , it was agreed bu both parties that this case could be closed and the deeds transfered.
I was wondering what will happen following the arbitration ?
I understand that the arbitrator must be paid before he gives his official decision but what will happen if he is not paid ? Will the builder be obliged to give the deeds ? The builder asked for the arbitration to take place.

Thank you

The decision of an arbitrator is the same as an order of Court and can be enforced through the courts. However, until you pay the arbitrator you cannot get the decision and cannot therefore enforce it.

Thank you dazza21ie,
This is what i thought.
The cases were due mid June in courts but the builder asked for arbitration just before thus posponing the actual day the cases were due to be heard in court. If they don't pay the arbitrator we have to go through everything again , i mean asking for a date for the case to appear in court ?

You seem to be in a complicated situation - a court case and an arbitration going on, and purchase of house not completed.

These are matters for your solicitor.

Hi, it is indeed a complicated situation and it is with my solicitor.
I was just looking for a second opinion on this as i am concerned that it will drag on and on for years. How come can you ask for an arbitration days before the case to be heard in court and not pay the arbitrator !
I am 100 % sure i will get the deeds of my house so this is to me a tactic to delay the court case and would like to know what can be done to avoid this ? Surely there must be a way of getting this in front of a judge ?

Doubt if anybody could give a wothwhile second opinion without seeing all the documents in the transaction..

Back