House floor plans when browsing listings

C

cathy100

Hi,

We're currently looking to sell our house and upgrade to a 4 bed. I've noticed when looking through various web sites; daft, my home etc. that they rarely have floor plans in there photos section, for 2nd hand houses anyway.

I find it very usefull when they have them for new builds as it's sometimes hard to guage the actual layout from the photographs.

I aproached our estate agent regarding this and they said they don't bother getting them done. I would like to have one done for ours as i think it may increase veiwings if people could see this in the listing.

What do people think? Also, how would i go about getting the plans drafted up? Would it be expensive?

Thanks in advance

Cathy

They could be done on a basic level to give an idea of the layout rather than an exact architectural map. If you EA has the skill and the software it's shouldn't take more than half an hour.

You might be able to find it on your county council's website.

They have digitisied much of the planning info over the past few years.

You could cut and paste your house drawings into daft, via MS PAINT

They remind me of the 'boom days' when there were no houses, just artists' impressions and floor plans... :mad:

I think it's a good idea. When browsing online I like it when I can get as much information about the potential property as I can. In the current climate anything that can help potential purchasers is a good thing.

I'd like to know if there's an easy program people are aware of that makes the likes of these floor plans

Any help appreciated

a080cee4-a878-4f16-a6b1-49ffa9e68e76_l.jpg

Not sure what program estate agents use but you can do this easy enough yourself in a free program called Sketchup.

http://www.sketchup.com/

The plans on daft, myhome etc are generally schematic so you only need to have rough dimensions to show room proportions, rather than measure up your house to the Nth degree.

There are good tutorials for Sketchup on youtube and it's pretty easy to get a grasp of

If you're not up to that a pen and paper will do it just as well, use a ruler to try and get it a bit to scale. And put the measurements in. I think it's a very good idea in ads.

I've also noticed there are now what looks to me like Land registry plans, so you can see the boundry walls etc.

Back