house design

johnnyg

Hi,
I was wondering if there is any sites that you can send your house plans to and see if they can come up with a better internal layout design, the reason i ask is that the site i have has FPP for a specific house type and the internal design is shocking and have redesigned it to the best we can but would love to get some one else to give a second look at and see if they can better or improve..I'm based in cork just incase people know people in this area.
Cheers

an architectural technologist or architect can do this for you. never heard of any sites that you can send drawings to to have them looked at like that

it was designed by an architect but to poor ability IMHO, what i want is who people would recommend for a redesign or if they have used a specific site to do the work.

you have purchased the site with FPP????

The internal layout was probably design as requested by the original clients with their needs in mind, thats no reflection on the Architect..... plus, those drawings and that design are the property of the architect, it would be very unscrupulous of another professional to redraw or reuse that design without the architects permission.
Are you even sure you have permission to use thos edrawings, was that included as a condition of sale?

johnnyg, you can apply for permission for change of house type, i'd recommend you go to an architectural technologist or architect to do this for you. if going for a change of house type, the existing drawings you have won't be used, only to make sure that any new ridge levels, floor areas etc were kept. eg, if planning permission is for single storey dwelling, a two storey with basement would probably not be accepted by the planners

I am planning a very large extension and have found FREE SOFTWARE from Google called Google Sketchup. It is simple to use arcitectural software, which lets you design your house or extension in three dimensions. I have absolutely no artistic ability whats so ever and was shocked at what I was able to design on my own. Its easy to find from the google home page. I totally recommend it......and its free.

Hiya Landlord,
We got planning about 4 years ago on our site for a house we both hated but was in line with all thoes around us. 3 years on we applied to change the style completely ( we have full planning so they could only refuse the changes and not retract the planning on the original house ) and thankfully we got permission.
Would definitely agree to keep the new style at the same ridge height and trying to keep the footprint the same. It was the best 2.5K we have spent on the build, we now both love the style and layout and as a result the build is much more enjoyable.
Best of luck with your build

Back