House boundary question - please help

J

JasonD

Bought a house 1 year ago. Getting an extension. Our architect noticed that boundaries were smaller than what is detailed on the county council ordinance survey map. He told us to get the land registry map from our solicitor but she says she also just has an ordinance survey map and that the engineer should have measured the site boundaries. Some of the walls have been
moved in recent times to accomodate new neighbours. Our garden is 3m less than what is shown on the ordinance survey map.

How do I find out what I own and how I can get that recorded officially ?

Our architect reckons we need to apply for planning to correct this - is this true ?

Land registry

Have you tried the Land Registry Office which normally have a map showing the land ownership?

Re: Land registry

Is it a new house in a development, or is it an existing house ?

As far as I know, what you own (as distinct from you you bought or thought you bought) is what you have the deeds to.

If you have access to the deeds then read through and see what dimensions are specified and see how that fits in.

z

maps

Dont have access to deeds yet (thats takes ages I am told).

Also the solicitor said the land registry sent her the ordinance survey map (i am not convinced but asked her to send it out.

We are living in an old house that used to be on a huge site. Not anymore it seems. I think the estate agent also told us we were on .375 of an acre but that is not the case.

it's messy.

Back