House Alarms - Recommended Installer

Irishchappie

Hi there,

I'm looking to get a house alarm installed on a new build and wondering does anyone have any recommendations for a certified company who install alarms in the Waterford area/South East Area?

The house is wired for alarm points downstairs, but I need to get some additional wires run to back windows upstairs as I've put on a small extension and now the back windows are accessible from the roof of the extension.

I dont really want a monitored alarm, just a good quality alarm and console from a reputible company.

I've shopped around and almost every single one I've contacted have tried to force this bloody Eircom Phonewatch alarm on me.. no matter how many times I've told them I'm not interested, they keep trying to ram it down my throat!!! :mad:

Any help appreciated,

I.C

Hi I.C.,

Take a look at the PSA list of [broken link removed] to find those in your area.

Remember, under the PSA legislation which came into effect on the 1st of August, if you hire someone to do this, they must be PSA registered. Failure to do this will leave you liable for a fine of up to €3,000 or imprisonment for up to 12 months.
Leo

I was looking through this and the only guy on it from the area is one I've talking to already and he will only sell me an Eircom monitored alarm.. I'm not paying €30 a month for something I dont want no matter who is selling them. I've no problem paying money for good workmanship and the right product ans most definitely am not looking to do it on the cheap.

He tried to "encourage" me to buy it there and then when he came in to have a look at the house by claiming that 10 houses in the estate have already been broken into, which was complete and utter sh*te as at the time only about 15 houses in the estate were occupied and when I enquired with the owners of 2 other houses in the estate who I knew of, they got the same line from him.

Cheers for the info though.

I.C

The list on the psa site is not up to date as they have a massive back log.
I have registered and have a letter to prove but my name is not on the list yet

Back