House Alarm - No Landline

Roc

Hi

The house I'm in is wired for an alarm with Eircom and was monitored (previous owners). The alarm no longer works (not sure why) and we don't have a landline as we mainly use our mobiles and felt the rental on landline was a cost we didn't need.

Anway, I really want to get the alarm working and am considering monitoring as well but don't know where to start on who would give the best value and also if it is possible to have the alarm monitored without having a landline.

Any advice/info really appreciated. Many thanks

You could get a GSM dialler for your alarm system. This can be quite costly and you have to get a SIM card so therefore you have to either get a pay as you go tariff or bill pay. My advice would be get a phone line in if you want to monitor an alarm, Im sure other people may say different but thats my opinion.
If you need anymore advice you can give me a shout as my company installs alarms

Regards
Conor

Roc, we have Eircom phonewatch and only have mobile phones - they call it Eirlink I think - it's the same as with a landline only if the alarm goes off they ring my mobile.

HTH

M

Phonewatach, charge 149 euro for the gsm unit, and then you have the monthly monitoring cost of around 23 euro but this is the same as if you have fixed line so...

The cheepest way is to get a GSM router..
What this does is use a sim card to dial out. The units are expensive but it can be set up on PrePay once you have access to top up online. As the unit is only going to make a call if your alarm activates you only need top up once or twice a year. Thats €20 a year as opposed to nearly €300 for Eirlink

Back