House Alarm features

BlueSpud

I am getting an alarm for my office; 2 doors, 3 windows. I am getting contacts for the doors & inertias for the windows and doors. The alarm is to ring 3 numbers, me & 2 others, but not a monitoring service (e.g. Eircom). Wired or wireless will depend on price.

I was wondering what other features I should be looking for in an alarm, or useful features that people like.

It is important that the alarm should conform to the relevant ISO standard (Can't remember the number) - otherwise you will not get insurance discounts, and may have some restrictions on the policy terms.

The relevent standard is [broken link removed]. The installer must also be licenced by the [broken link removed] .
Installing a voice dialler as opposed to a monitoring service may not be acceptable to your insurance company for a commercial premises, be careful there.
A HKC security system can do both, contact a central ststion & text your mobile.
As well as the windows & doors you should also consider 1 or 2 PiR detectors. This is a second line of defence & also provides alarm verification for Garda response on a monitored alarm.