Hotmail

joanmul

Not sure if this the right place to post. I haven't been able to get into my Hotmail account for the last few days. I get a message that the site may be experiencing difficulties. This has never happened me before and I was wondering are there any other Hotmail users who have a problem or is it just me?

Don't really use hotmail anymore but I checked into my old account and it's fine!. Did you try using a different browser?

mine is fine too, have you tired to use outlook or mobile to get your emails?

Thanks, Galleyslave. A long time ago I did something like that but I can't remember what I did and I want to be careful I don't make a mess of things. I can't find anything in my computer books about how to do that so would you mind telling me what I need to do.

In internet explorer (8) go to tools (up by file, edit, view etc at top of screen),then internet options then click on delete under browsing history and tick all, then press delete then press ok.

hotmail working fine for me in IE8, IE6 and firefox.

Hi g1g, looks like you know stuff! My husband's email was hijacked and is now being used by somebody else to send emails to his contacts with a link to a site selling stuff! The incoming email looks exactly as though it had come from him. Any ideas?

Hi,

I have a similar problem to last poster. I wonder is there any other solution other than closing the account. I know another user that had this problem last year and closed their account

The first thing you should do is change the password on the account, to a strong password.

This links offers other solutions:

Hi g1g. Thanks for that but I have google.chrome. My son took internet explorer off ages ago. I've tried to get tools with google chrome but it won't appear.