Hotmail account - adding address details

Lorraine

can someone 'write' me through how to export address details from Outlook Express 6 directly into msn? I assume I don't have to put them in individually! Tried, in the OE address book, file; export; other address book; to no avail, msn does not recognise a wab file format. Is there something else I should be doing?
Thanks.

From the hotmail help section:

Adding contacts from Outlook 2000 or later, or from Outlook Express 5 or 6, to your if Sympatico Mail Contacts list requires two steps. First, save your Outlook contacts list on your computer, and then add the saved Outlook contacts list to your Sympatico Mail Contacts list.

1. Save your Outlook or Outlook Express contacts list on your computer. To do this, export the contacts from Outlook or Outlook Express as a .csv (comma-separated values) file. Be sure to note where you saved the .csv file on your computer.
  2. Use the .csv file to add the Outlook contacts list to your Sympatico Mail Contacts list. For instructions, see Related Topics below.
......(on a different hotmail help page) Go to the Contacts page. Under Tools, click Import Contacts to add contacts from Outlook Express 5 or 6, or Outlook 2000 or later, to your Sympatico Mail Contacts.

search string = import outlook address

Thanks Sluice! but the address book will only save (doesn't allow any other option) as a .wab file, how can I save it as a .csv file? can't find it anywhere.

Lorraine said:
the address book will only save (doesn't allow any other option) as a .wab file, how can I save it as a .csv file? can't find it anywhere.

In Outlook Express: File -> Export -> Address Book... -> Text File (Comma Separated Values) -> Export -> Save exported file as <enter or browse to filename> -> Next > -> Select the fields you wish to export <check required fields> -> Finish -> Close

Back