Hotels near Point Depot

eiregal

Don't really know Dublin that well so any advice would be appreciated. I'm getting tickets to see a show in the Point for my mother and want to book a hotel for the night too. Can someone recommend some nice hotels nearby? We wouldn't want to be going far after the show. Maybe a hotel with a nice bar so we could have a few drinks there afterwards?

I have stayed in Jurys Custom House after being at the point, but someone else maybe able to offer some more suggestions.

The Quality Hotel at Sir John Rogerson's Quay is also near, about 12 minutes walk across the new O'Casey pedestrian bridge. The area is a little bit lonely at night, but as a hotel it is a lot nicer than Jurys Inn and less expensive than the Clarion.

http://www.qualityhoteldublincity.com/map.html for location

Thanks for those replies. What is the walk to Jurys and The Clarion like? Would it be considered safe or not?

Thanks for those replies. What is the walk to Jurys and The Clarion like? Would it be considered safe or not?

After a show/concert, there will be plenty of people around. I've never seen any trouble around there at those times.

Yes quite safe. Its a reasonably busy traffic area on the way down to the Point and pretty safe on the way back as you are with the crowds from the show. It will take you about 15-20 minutes to walk.

The last night we are at a show in the Point, we stayed in the fabulous Berkeley Court Hotel, near Ballsbridge. It was a treat for the missus. Very near as in minutes in a taxi. We walked to Jury's afterwards for a drink and then got them to phone a taxi after the crowd settled down.

The Clarion is a couple of notches up in standard on Jury's. It has a very modern and comfortable bar and restaurant. Rooms are very nice and some have good views. It is safe walking up the quay from the Point, especially when concerts are on. IFSC, while quieter and safer than Temple Bar, can be a bit dead on weekday nights, but, there are three good pubs (no loud music or gougers!), Lagoona, Harbourmaster and Excise. Reads outside IFSC at Store Street Police Station is also very good. There is also a new Wine Bar opened on George's Dock. You can drop into Milano's, opposite the Clarion, for a post concert pizza or pasta!

Back