Hotels in west Cork

• Thread starter Jackie Chan
  • Start date
J

Jackie Chan

Thinking of visiting west Cork in September and I'm looking for recommendations for hotels and/or guesthouses. Must be child friendly.

The Quality Hotel in Clonakilty is basic but great for kids...........
Clonakilty is a good touring base for west cork also.

Baltimore Harbour Hotel - lovely views over the harbour and a great base for visiting Skibbereen, Union Hall, Castletownsend, Glandore, Crookhaven and plenty more!
We stayed here recently. In general it's quite a pleasant hotel and is only a few minutes walk from Baltimore harbour. We stayed for four nights. However we were very unhappy with the first room we were allocated (102 on the ground floor). The furniture was dated, the bed felt like it had seen plenty of mileage, the bathroom fittings looked old, and we could hear a lot of noise from the room above. The next morning we asked to be moved, and we were given a much nicer top floor room. The manager happened to be at reception at the time, so maybe that helped!

Other than that I wouldn't have any complaints. If I could be sure of getting a decent room, I'd be happy to stay there again.

We didn't use the leisure centre, so I can't vouch for that.

Neither did we drink in the bar as it was like a morgue. Plenty of atmosphere in the pubs.

Bamhan said:
The Quality Hotel in Clonakilty is basic but great for kids...........
Clonakilty is a good touring base for west cork also.

The Quality Hotel in Clonakilty offers some good deals and use of gym and swimming pool. It is located beside the 3 screen cinema so allow parents some time to themselves.

Inchydoney beacj close by also.

The Celtic Ross hotel http://www.celticrosshotel.com/ would be a ggod place to locate yourself for a visit to West Cork.
It's centrally located w.r.t Clonakility, Skibbereen, Union Hall, Castletownsend, Glandore, Baltimore, Owenahincha etc.
The hotel has a good leisure centre and there is a lake activity centre just around the corner (canoeing etc.).
The warren beach is less than a mile away with an adjacent pitch & putt course if you are that way inclined.

Friends stayed at both Celtic Ross and Quality in Clonakilty and felt that Celtic Ross was not as suitable for small children as Quality Hotel.

Sorry about recommending the Celtic Ross.
Have not actually stayed there but it appears it may not be the best from certain feedback.
I obviously have no vested interested in the place I was just dropping in another suggestion.
Good luck with your trip.

Back