Hotels in Venice and Milan

Dublinchick

Any recommendations for hotels in Milan and Venice going there for Easter, don't want to spend a fortune but don't want to stay in a dump either. Also any tips on where to visit would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

venice is relatively more espensive than anywhere else in italy so expect to spend more there for what might seem like less.

I can personally recommend the hotel palace bonvecchiati (I may have spelt that wrongly). It's quite a modern hotel relative to others. Stayed there off-season (Feb) and it was just about affordable but would stay there again if I could.

Hotel panorama on island of Lido from person experience is very nice for reasonable accommodation. Disadvantage is you need a vaporetto to get to main part of Venice. Check out www.tripadvisor.com.

Check out Alpha rooms and Bookings. They are great for hotels in all destinations, have gone with them many times all over the world.

Hi,

i went to Venice last year and stayed at the hotel http://www.casaformosa.com/en/index.htm

It was newly renovated and was equidistant between all major attractions and the rates were reasonable. OK it as hard to find, but to be honest if it's your first time in Venice everything is hard to find!!!!!

Hotels in Venice are expensive. I usually stay in 4* hotels but was on a budget on this trip.... I spent about €120/room night and was pleasantly surprised. I couldn't fault it in any way. I know €120 might seem like alot to some, but I was expecting to have to pay 175+ for a decent room.

Try and find a place that is close to a vaperetto stop with good directions on how to get from the vaperetto to your accom. As previous poster said it is very difficult to find places in Venice. I would recommend staying in Venice it self rather than Lido as it is lovely to stroll around at night when the huge amount of day trippers have left. Enjoy!