hotels in valencia, spain

sue_flaherty

Can anyone recommend a good cetrally locatated hotel in Valencis - heading there in september for a city break

I stayed in the Petit Palace Bristol Hotel and found it excellent and centrally located.

I stayed in this hotel last year and found it grand

Nothing spectacular but clean, reasonable and close to the new Science & Arts section. I got the tourist bus tickets and these took me anywhere I wanted to go.

I've stayed in a few NH hotels and found all of them fine. Depends on your budget. Valencia is a beautiful city, much more interesting than I had expected.

Stayed in The Valencia Palace Hotel a couple of times about 3 years ago and it was beautiful. Forget how much it cost but it was during the boom when cost wasn't an issue. It is also very central.

Was stating I was unable to recall the rate but it was when cashflow was not a problem and costs were not as critical as they would be in todays economic climate.

I have never booked a hotel or purchased anything in my life without first looking to see if it was good value and worth the price being paid. Even in the good times.

Back to the topic... the Hotel Expo Valencia is great, clean, good value, great air con, roof top swimming pool and food was decent, there is a Metro Stop 2mins walk from front door (Turia), its right next to a large public park & shopping centre. It is a pleasant 15mins walk to the centre. Have a great time, its a really beautiful city, take a spanish phrase book with you if you dont have any spanish!!
http://www.expohotelvalencia.com/