hotels in rome

narky

i am heading to rome in december and we are going on a budget. would love to get away with only spending 90 euro for a double room......... any recommendations anyone? i was recommended the hotel virginia???? this works out cheap. no idea about rome at all so would love to know best location for cheap cheerful holiday. tanx

Hi Narky,
I stayed in the Hotel San Remo. It's not the Hilton or anything but it's cheap and adequate. The room is on the small size and has a decent en-suite and is very clean. There is a buffet continental breakfast and the hotel is only a 5 min walk from termini station. The only real fault I had with this hotel was the walls were quite thin. You could hear everything around you. Apart from that it was fine. I found it on [broken link removed]. But you could cheak www.hotelsrus.com or . Check the review comments before booking anything. They will give you a good idea what to expect. I wouldn't book a hotel lower than 3 stars. There ratings are not quite to the standard of Ireland. Anyway hope this helps and enjoy your trip. Rome is a lovely city. Try to do the bus tour on your first day so you will know where most things are from that. Let us know how you get on and what hotel you do book and what you thought of it when you get back!!

Have just booked ther San Remo for a stay in march. Do you have a telephone no for them or a web site address.

Thanks

I don't have a number nor a web site. I don't think a web site exists. I found a pretty good map HERE. Just click on the "view map" beside the pictures. If there is something you want to know you can PM me.

Which site did you book from. You should be able to e-mail them and tell them what time you expect to be checking in at and for them to let the hotel know. I'm guessing your flying ryanair and landing around 12 midnight? If so you should be at the hotel shortly after 1am. I'm not sure but I think there is a 24hr reception