Hotels in Orlando

sisterlylove

Hi Guys!
Myself and my boyfriend are heading to Orlando for 7 nights in February.... Were a bit confused on where to stay having read mixed reviews on trip advisor... Initially we were gonna stay in the Hilton Parc Soleil and then Hilton Grand Vacations International drive but both have conflicting reviews. Can any1 recommend a good hotel ( preferably 4 star ) close to parks and Shopping... Also as were both in our 20's we'd like to be central enough to bars/restaurants etc... We'd prefer not to hire a car or spend a fortune on cabs... Your recommendations are much appreciated :)

HI sisterlylove,

In a similar situation, going to Orlando next June. We had pretty much decided on Hilton Grand Vacation Club on International Drive. I posted on the Trip Advisor Forums and the overwhelming advice there was that if looking for good nightlife it wasn't a good choice. Orlando is very spread out so we've decided that we're going to push the boat out(it's our honeymoon) and stay in the Hard Rock Hotel on Universal grounds. Waaay more expensive but at least we'll be beside Citywalk where there's loads of bars and restaurants. I'd say your best bet is something directly on International Drive, Homewood Suites gets good reviews on Tripadvisor.

Hi Guys!
... We'd prefer not to hire a car or spend a fortune on cabs... Your recommendations are much appreciated :)

I've been to Florida on three occassions its hard to enjoy it to its best without a car...makes it a lot easier to get to big shopping malls..;)

If you go on to you will get the best prices available for the location and type of hotel you are looking for. There are many on their site for International Drive, which is grand in itself, but I'd really advise hiring a car for at least a few days because you need to get to the outlets and the malls and they're quite a bit from the central part of I-Drive. Excellent outlets at the very Northern end of I-Drive but unless you feel like walking up to 10 miles, forget it. While most 3-star and above hotels will offer shuttles to the attractions, you just might get fed up with the choice of restaurants within walking distance. I'd recommend a visit to the Golden Corral chain of restaurants - all you can eat lunch for about $7 and all you can eat dinner for about $10. Good food, lots of steak and seafood for dinner, lots of really nice salads and deserts to die for. Have a ball!

Thanks for all your help guys.... Still haven't decided where but at least ur info givs me an idea... Shoppergal best of luck with the wedding and honeymoon :)

My gf and I went to Orlando last October (08) and stayed in the Best Western Movieland (now called ) at the north end of International Drive. I think it's a 3* hotel but the rooms were clean and huge, the pool was great, the food in the attached restaurant was tasty and cheap (buffet breakfast for $4.95). We paid $691 for 10 nights.

The hotel is literally right across the road from the Wet & Wild waterpark, a 5 minute bus drive to Universal Studios and Citywalk and close to a lot of shops and restaurants. One of the mall is 10 minutes by bus, Seaworld is 20 minutes by bus and Disney is just over an hour by bus(es).

We don't drive so we used the tourist bus (iRide) for a few days. There's a stop right outside the hotel and it serves all of International Drive (but not Universal or Disney). The city buses (Lynx) are cheaper, faster and more frequent. They also have better air conditioning. There's a bus stop right for that outside too and you can get to Seaworld and Universal by 1 bus. Disney requires a connection near Seaworld. You can get a Lynx bus direct from MCO airport but we had too many bags and took a taxi both ways.

We didn't find many good bars at all, Citywalk is probably the best place to go out. If you like steak, find Charlies Steakhouse. It's about a 15 minute walk from the hotel and has won Best Steakhouse in America award several years running. It's a little pricey compared to American restaurants but cheap by Irish prices and *well* worth it.

Finally, you can get a combo ticket which includes multiple trips to Seaworld, Wet & Wild and both Universal parks. It's very cheap and worth getting, if only for the flexibility. Best of luck if you go, we had a great time there and can't wait to go back!

Its been about ten years since we were in Orlando, we stayed in Homewood Suites and I certainly recommend the said hotel. Its on International Drive and very central to all amenities. Rooms are very spacious and have cooking facilities. Breakfast was included in our room price with plenty to choose from. The hotel also had complimentary meals about four evenings a week, with mexican or italian theme to the food. We did not hire a car as all the schuttle buses called to the hotel, so it was possible to visit all the theme parks for free. We had no problem getting to the outlet centres either, we used the trolly bus which ran about every half hour and was something like two or three dollars to travel the length of International Drive. Maybe my info is a bit out of date as somethings may have changed in the last ten years but we had a great time and so did the kids. Enjoy.

Hi guys! Thanks for all ur suggestions... Im half thinking of staying in Loews Pacific Resort ( one of the on-site universal hotels ) any reviews on this hotel or the other 2 universal on-site hotels... Citywalk closeby looks gud for food and entertainment etc... Or any1 know of another hotel beside citywalk??
Thanks again... Much appreciated

Back