Hotels in N.Y

sunlife

Going to N.Y on february next for four nights with the other half. Was wondering if anyone could recommend a good hotel that is very central to main areas. Looking for a bit of luxury, but not the presidential suite either if you know what I mean!!! All opinions appreciated....

There are probably 100 previous threads on this issue already but for what its worth I recently stayed in Barclays Intercontinental in Midtown Manhattan, 48th and Park Avenue. Its a 5 star which was very nice though like all NY hotels the rooms were small. Cost roughly $160 per room per night through 1800hotels.ie. Check all the usual sites and check tripadvisor.com for reviews.

We stayed in the Regency in Park Avenue - VERY nice...just don't make phone calls from your room as they were expensive. Superb location - try hotels.com or expedie.com for rates. It's defo at the upper end (they have a menu for dogs!) but well worth it IMHO

Firefy.

The Affinia hotels constantly score highly in the Tripadvisor best hotels in NY, prices are average for NY, but apparently the service is excellent.
Some friends booked into Waldorf Astoria and were highly disappointed, tiny rooms (most NY hotels are small), and mediocre service.... Not what they expected for the high rate they paid.

I really recommend park south hotel. Great location - very near empire state and you get a good buffet breakfast!!

Just back from NY. had a fanatstic time. Stayed in Affinia Manhattan Hotel. Definitely recommend it. Our room - really a suite, was a bedroom with a double bed, sitting room with sofa & pull out bed & a kitchen, & bathroom.

We were right opposite Madison Sq Garden so hotel was full of basketball players! Situated on 7th avenue between 30/31 street avenue so Macys was only 3 streets away on 34th. Walking distance of Time Sq, Rockefeller, Broadway, Radio City Hall, 5th avenue etc.

Be prepared to walk! I don't know what has happened to yellow taxi availability over there but very hard to get one. Even our hotel concierge took 15 minutes or so before a yellow cab would stop. Don't get black cabs as they are off the meter and can smell tourist a mile away.

Spent 5 days recently in NYC and stayed in the Wolcott, simple but clean rooms and most importantly very central. Would stay there again when I return as you should not be spending much time in the room.