Hotels in Madrid Recommendations ?

Black Sheep

Myself and OH are going to Madrid shortly for a couple of days. Can anybody recommend a good hotel. Doesn't have to be in the centre as long as it is close to bus or Metro
Many thanks

Hi Black Sheep,
I was in Madrid last June and stayed in a lovely hotel- Hotel Catalonia Las Cortes. Really happy with the service and location was great.

[broken link removed]

Always stay in Hotel San Francisco in the Puerta del Sol on our regular trips to Madrid.

It is located in a great part of the city near great pubs, tube stops and the Plaza Mayor, and they recently refurb'd their upper rooms which are now very modern and fancy.

Usually found on Octopus Travel with decent deals.

I stayed in the and loved it. Very central location, metro stop right outside the front door, no problems recommending it. They have a rooftop pool too which is great if the weather is good.

I stayed in the and loved it. Very central location, metro stop right outside the front door, no problems recommending it. They have a rooftop pool too which is great if the weather is good.

Hated the Emperador. Check out the reviews on TripAdvisor and you'll find them to be very mixed. We had endless problems with our room and had to deal with staff who could only be described as 'dog-ignorant'. Avoid. (just my opinion)