Hotels in Cascais / beaches around Lison - any recommendations

doogo

Hi there -
looking to book a hotel outside Lisbon for end July for myself and OH - want to have access to Lisbon for night life but be close to beaches during the day - I know that Cascais is well connected with train service into city - can anyone tell me of a good hotel they have been to there? also wondering what the Costa Caparica on the opposite side of the city is like - has anyone been there - any tales/ recommendations please?

We had a work conference in the Cascais Mirage Hotel, it was a fabulous hotel, it was just beside a harbour, didn't notice the beach, but then it was death by powerpoint...so we didn't get out much. Food was very nice there - loads of lovely fresh fruit, top service. It was January and temperature was very pleasant - 17 deg or so. Some of my work colleagues took the bus into Lisbon to have a look and really enjoyed it. It cost 35e from the airport to the hotel in a taxi. There was an outdoor swimming pool which was not an option in Jan but I'm sure would be lovely in the summer...btw, I wasn't overly impressed by what I saw from airport to Caiscais, wasn't exactly gorgeous, but then as I say I didn't get out much and maybe there's great stuff to see in Lisbon...other than football stadias...(is that the correct plural??)

I've stayed in the Farol Design Hotel in Caiscais, and it's mega. It's a really modern hotel, right on the cliffs. It's pricey I think as 5 star, but thankfully I wasn't paying :)

try the "Villa Gale" chain -- think thats the correct spelling-- 3 and 4 star hotels in lisbon and cascais
re airport transfer on departure, just ask hotel reception to call taxi but dont mention airport,if they call it and mention airport then fare will be about 45 / 50 euros.
If you do the deal yourself should be around 34 euros

enjoy

Westgolf

stayed in the Miragem
Great hotel
Only problem though is that you need to cross the road get to the beach. This is via an underground tunnel. Path to same is cobbly, so we found it a bit of a problem as my wife was 5 months pregnant and we had an 18month old, so buggy etc was a problem
If it's just the two of you though those issues don't apply so I would heartily recommend the Miragem

Back