Hotels in Amsterdam

Happy Girl

Have checked previous posts but just want to get some updated info. Myself and my two sisters thinking of heading to Amsterdam for a few days to celebrate one of my Sis's 40th birthday. Looking for a nice reasonably priced central hotel. Any ideas? Have a few names from previous posts but just wanted to see if anybody can give some recommendations who stayed there recently.

Anyone stayed in the Ibis in central Amsterdam. Looks bright and modern but fairly pricey for three nights so just want to get any opinions from anybody who has stayed there.

If Ibis is your thing check out the Ibis Stopera. Its about 15 minutes walk from the centre near Waterlooplein. Nice market nearby and close to all the main attractions and has the bonus of having modern sized rooms and modern plumbing. Most city centre hotels are fairly small and basic unless you pay alot more. Ibis Central is ok but Stopera is much better for around the same or less money.

My son & GF stayed in the NH Central Station. Booked through [broken link removed] they got a good deal.

Didn't stay there myself but recommended it to other people after my sons experience & they were very happy with it too.

It's not in the centre but a shuttle bus takes you in & out & you can also get the ferry from behing the Central Station. Another tip I heard was that you have to pay to use the toilets in Amsterdam but if you stay in one NH you can use the loos in any of the other NH hotels.

We found the Tulip Inn Amsterdam Centre fine
Nothing flashy but central and reasonably priced for Amsterdam

Thanks folks for all your recommendations. Have been doing a bit of surfing tonight and because we are going easter weekend 20-23 Mar availability seems to be very tight. We are looking for a triple room also which not every hotel can accommodate. My previous recommendations I was trying to get the A Train Hotel which had some great reviews but to no avail. I have looked at the Season Star Hotel in Central Amsterdam which has triple room availability. Mixed reviews. Anybody stayed there before?

Try gtahotels.com They have triple rooms for that period. Just stay near the station or dam square.

Hotel Winston on Warmeostraat. (Just off Damrak, 5 minutes from Amsterdam C.S.)

Approx. €40 per night and I am sure they do triple rooms. Cheap and clean for Amsterdam standards.

[broken link removed] is a centrally located 4 star (although its more like a 3). they do triple & quadruple rooms. the hotel is fine although some rooms are better than others. Dont book through their own website - use something like hotels.net or roomex.com for much better rates

Back