Hotels and Metro in Barcelona

149oaks

I'm bringing my son (10) to see Barcelona play in 2 weeks. We're staying just Sat and Sun night. I hope to bring him to the Aquarium as well as the Nou Camp.
Anyone know any reasonably priced hotels in Barcelona that would suit for this quick trip. I've been through Barcelona before so know the metro system but never stayed there.
One other thing can I get a 2 day Metro ticket at the Airport? Or does the T10 cover out to it and if so can the 2 of us use the same T10 ticket?

We went in Nov. Bought match tickets from and the match tickets were delivered to the hotel. Travel to the match was included and we just walked to the end of la ramblas to meet up with the bus "esteve" was the bus co and we got a voucher by e-mail to print and bring for the bus. We stayed just off la ramblas and walked to the aquarium at our ease. From the airport we got a regular bus to Plaza Catalunya. Anywhere near la ramblas and you can walk anywhere.

I was there just over a month ago and stayed in a very modern hotel which was very good in terms of price & comfort.

It is called Hotel Vincci Arena ([broken link removed]) and is a 2 minute walk to Place Espagne which has a metro stop.

Also it is ranked #59 for hotels in Barca on TripAdvisor:)

We got a 5 day Metro ticket for under 20 euro, there should be no problems getting a Metro ticket at the airport as there is a stop there and from a cost point of view it should be no more than 10 euro each.

Found a url which shows that a Metro ticket can be purchased at the airport.

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/airport/barcelona-airport-transport.html

Have a look at Universitat H10 near the university and placa de calatlunya whrre ive stayed several times and wound reccomend. Not too far from stadium, but very convenient for the city and very clean and professional. Usually around 130euro for double room. See tripadvisor.com for ratings..

Back