Hotel with romantic setting required

S

sueellen

. a nice Hotel, romantic setting, maybe in Galway, Kilkenny or Wexford... I got let down on a Lynch Hotel Special. So promised the girlfriend I would make a trip elsewhere next week instead.
Thanks all!!!!
Nothing toooo expensive.. Maybe your Aunts B&B
Jokin ;o)

Title edited for clarity

Re: Anyone know where I can find.......

Howdi,

Myself and my wife have stayed in Galway a few times we usually stay in a hotel called the Forster Court Hotel. Its been a while since we were there last. But its a nice hotel not built that long ago

www.forstercourthotel.com/

Its about 5 min walk from both the train station and Eyre Square.

I cant remember what we paid the last time we stayed I think it was 199 euros for the two of us for 2 nights + 1 dinner.

Hope this helps

P.S. - Dont book online you will usually get a better deal by ringing them.

Neonitrix

Try Kilkea Castle on the Kildare/Carlow border - about 30 minutes from Kilkenny. They won't let you down. Price & availability may be an issue.

the Westwood hotel is really cosy ... short taxi in2 the city centre
4 star rating.

In Wexford you could try Horetown House [broken link removed] or the Slaney Manor, an up-market B&B, four poster beds, etc. on the New Ross Rd near Wexford town.

Hi G,

This link might help.

"Maybe your Aunts B&B"

My aunt insists on separate bedrooms in her B&B so not so romantic I guess .............. :rolleyes

suggestion

Hi G,

Sorry to hear you were let down by Lynch hotels. I suggest the Glenlo Abbey hotel in Galway I've stayed there once before and found it excellent. It's a little bit outside Galway city but if you're looking for a quiet, romantic weekend away, it's perfect.

The really special thing about this hotel is that it has two carriages of the original Orient Express train on the grounds of the hotel which are a restaurant! If your girlfriend has never been there before the surprise value alone will make it really special! Even if you don't stay in the Glenlo Abbey but do stay in Galway, I'd suggest you book a meal in the Orient Express. (It ain't cheap but it's about what you'd expect to pay for a meal for two in a good restaurant...€100 plus wine).

Whatever you do, I hope you have a great weekend!

Cheers.

Thanks D that was thoughtful of ya!!! Will give it a go soon!!!

Romantic getaway

Try [broken link removed] in Wexford, not far from town but you'll feel like your in the middle of nowhere, newly opened after refurbishment I think, meant to be real nice.

In Wexford you could try Horetown House [broken link removed] or the Slaney Manor, an up-market B&B, four poster beds, etc. on the New Ross Rd near Wexford town.

I went to Horetown House and it was closed. It looks like a right old wreck!!

The G in Galway is gorgeous...not your typical romantic spot but she'll feel great there!

There's a teeny weeny hotel (Only 7 bedrooms) but beautiful in the village of Clogheen near Cahir in Co Tipperary. I stayed in the honeymoon suite there (BTW, I'm over 60) and it is wonderful. And best of all is the dinner - a tasting menu of 10 courses ending with a chocolate fondue. One quirky aspect is that it only opens on Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat and Sun. You cannot stay Mon or Tue. And it's not as expensive as you might expect given that it has Bridgestone listing among many others. Opened less than a year ago, it's called "The Old Convent".

See it on