Hotel suggestions for 3 days in south eastern spain

dieter1

Hi there,

Honeymooning in Spain next month and looking for ideas for a place to stay for 2/3 days after the wedding. We'll be driving from Malaga and it needs to be within a 3 or 4 hour drive from there. Looking for a nice comfortable hotel near the sea but away from the maddening crowds/Tourist areas! Been on Alistair Sawday's website, Trip advisor and Rough Guide but havent been able to pinpoint anywhere.

Any ideas?

I like La Herradurra/Almunecar - a very Spanish resort. Great food and nice beach. I've stayed in Hotel La Tartana - absolutely lovely, really quiet and very relaxed but a few minutes walk to the beach. There are lots of hotels on the seafront.

mf

I like La Herradurra/Almunecar - a very Spanish resort. Great food and nice beach. I've stayed in Hotel La Tartana - absolutely lovely, really quiet and very relaxed but a few minutes walk to the beach. There are lots of hotels on the seafront.

mf

Can you get from Malaga airport to Almunecar using public transport? Looks a nice place.

For something special try [broken link removed]
These are state owned hotels usually, although not all, in spectactular locations.

Can you get from Malaga airport to Almunecar using public transport? Looks a nice place.

No problem.There is a very good bus service ( was able to download the bus timetable before I went last time- I think there was a link from the Almunecar website) - it takes a while but I quite like not having the hassle of driving.

mf

No problem.There is a very good bus service ( was able to download the bus timetable before I went last time- I think there was a link from the Almunecar website) - it takes a while but I quite like not having the hassle of driving.

mf

Does it go from the airport or from Malaga city?

Malaga City - but there is a frequent service from Airport to Malaga.

mf

Stayed in a great hotel near Puerto Banus that I think might suit you as it fits in with the criteria you mentioned. It is right on the beach and you can walk to the marina in 10-15 minutes along the beach- [broken link removed]
If you are looking for an extra special room I would recommend the suits which have a solarium and plunge pool overlooking the sea.

Thanks macnas for the detailed info. Is the bus station in Malaga fairly central perhaps near the train station?