Hotel South Dublin

browtal

Could anybody advise about the Berkley Court Hotel. I have booked a long weekend to stay there.
Then I looked at Trip Advisor, I know you might say I did things in reverse, and saw the awful reports on the hotel.
Does anybody have any experience of this hotel lately.
Could anybody recommend a good priced hotel in Sandyford/Dundrum area.
Browtal

If its just a handy place to base yourself, Bewleys leopardstown is good. More businessy then luxury. But good value and right beside the new Luas stop/off the M50. But if your looking for a romantic weekend you might want to look further.

Stayed in Berkley court last year and found it excellent for the maney i paid.

Check out the Herbert Park Hotel, Ballsbridge. Much more modern than the Berkeley, and nicer imo too.

The Beacon in Sandyford is rather nice though the decor may not be quite to everyone's taste. Has a good restaurant too.

The Beacon in Sandyford is rather nice though the decor may not be quite to everyone's taste. Has a good restaurant too.

True, but it is in the middle of an industrial estate that is cold, dark and dismal at night. The Luas is a short walk, but through a concrete jungle of
unfinished apartments and office blocks.

This may not matter to you, if the price suits you and you like the look of the hotel, but if you are planning a romantic weekend or a fun weekend seeing some of Dublin, you might be disappointed when you see the area around the hotel.

Somewhat true - empty or deserted at night would be more accurate than cold, dismal and dark. OP never mentioned the word "romantic" but did mention Sandyford/Dundrum.

Back