Hotel recommendations in Rome (Spanish steps area) wanted

mskildare

Hi all,
Heading to Rome for a few days in July and looking for any nice, good value hotels that people would recommend.
Heading on a sightseeing city break so a hotel with a pool etc not a must. Would prefer a more central location - have been told the Spanish steps area prob the best.
Basically we want a nice clean hotel that doesn't break the bank!

Thanks a million

We are not long back from the River Palace Hotel. It was fab. The breakfast was first class but the room could have been bigger (however, we were there to sight see - not stay in the room!!). We upgraded to a delux room before we travelled, so I assume the basic room is even smaller. Staff were 1st class. Happy hour from 6 - 9pm every evening where drinks are 1/2 price. About 10min walk to Spanish Steps. In fact we found the location of the hotel very central and will stay there again when we go back. Hope I didn't rabbit on and you are satisfied with whatever hotel you choose. Be prepared for plenty of walking and do not wear high heals (cobbles everywhere) www.riverpalacehotel.it/

Have heard good reports of the Savoy Hotel, some friends stayed there recently and found it good. It is close to the Spanish Steps, I believe. Have a look also on Tripadvisor.com, it is a very useful site. Enjoy Rome!

I mentioned the Mozart hotel in a previous post.
Less than 5 minute walk to Spanish stpes.
Worth checking out

Hotel Madrid, was there last year and thought it was great. 2 mins from Spanish steps and very good rates.