Hotel recommendation in East or West Cork

tosullivan

Has anyone a good hotel recommendation in West Cork, preferably with a spa?
Already know about Inchydoney Hotel..
Also, anyone stayed at the new Fota Island Hotel?
Anything in Youghal?

I read about a new hotel and spa just opened at Castlemartyr ( which is on Midleton to Youghal road) the place is called Capella...they may have opening offers

Haven't stayed in the Sheraton Fota Island myself yet, but a friend did, and she said it was really nice, rooms great and lovely spa there.

Fota Hotel on my short list...anyone know what the Radisson in Little Island is like?
I had a look at the hotel in Castlemartyr and I do hope they have special offers...I can't see myself ever paying nearly €900 for 2 nights accomodation. I thought the Monart in Wexford was expensive, but this place takes the biscuit

I stayed in the Sheraton Fota Island recently and can confirm its a very nice place. The bar and restaurant area were excellent and the food is top notch. The rooms are ok (lcd tv etc)but the bathrooms are massive and v well kitted out. The pool is fairly small (18m) and was full of kids when I was there. We didn't use the spa but it's supposed to be excellent and expensive.

There is an excellent golf course on site if thats your thing. If not there's not much else nearby. We stayed midweek for about €215 pp for 2BB1D which in fairness was good value.

The spa at Inchydonney is fantastic and the sea view from the hotel is 2nd to none. Can't comment on the prices to stay there though coz I live close enough not to have to stay. Ate in the bar during the summer & the food was gorgeous.